Thursday 14 March 2019

Upcycled Pencil Holder ScraPerfect DT




Good morning ScraPerfect fans, Kim here with a fun and easy upcycling project for you today.


I am always looking for organization on my art desk, and love to recycle! I have been storing some art supplies in this sad looking tin can, and knew it needed an update to make it pretty for my desk. I am using some Best Glue Ever with the No Clog writing cap, and some Tim Holtz collage paper for my can.


I gave the can a coat of gesso and then using the glue and some water, I adhered the tissue paper down to my tin can. It stayed down nicely and I had no tearing, it worked perfectly!


Once the tissue paper was dry, I used the glue again for adhering my trim to the top and bottom of the can.


I also had some wooden hearts in my stash and used the glue to stick them to the can for a bit of decoration. I left them the natural colour of the wood, as I felt it went with the nature theme of the tissue paper.



Voila! ScraPerfect to the rescue again, a simple and easy project to brighten up your art space!


Thanks so much for stopping by today, I hope you have found some inspiration here.





No comments:

Post a Comment