Wednesday 30 January 2019

Vive la France Altered Box ScraPerfect DT



Good morning ScraPerfect Fans! Kim here today with my next DT Project for ScraPerfect.
This time I have altered a box I got from my local dollar store.



Firstly, I covered the paper mache box with a good coat of DecoArt Media gesso.


I decoupaged a Paris themed napkin on the top of the box , then I painted
 the sides of the box with some Prima Art Alchemy paints in two different colours of Pink. After that was dry, I added some white chalk paint over the top to match the colour of the napkin.


I used The Best Glue Ever to adhere down some texture, using some mica flakes, glitter glass and micro beads on various areas of the box.


Next, I again used the Best Glue Ever to add some wooden hearts. I have the No Clog Writing Cap on my glue which makes for easy and smooth coverage of the glue to all my embellishments.


I also added more of the glitter glass to the wooden hearts to add some extra sparkle.


I added several laces and trims from my stash around the box to give it a lovely shabby chic look.


To finish off the box I added a handmade flower, resin cherub and a small wicker heart to the side.


Once again, here is the finished box, just in time to put a Valentine surprise inside for some one special!


Please check out the ScraPerfect Store for the items I have used to create my project.
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you have found some inspiration here!






No comments:

Post a Comment