Wednesday 18 February 2015

Card Making Fun!


 Hello friends! Today I would like to share with you some cards I have created.  I really enjoy making cards, they are like little canvas' that you can create anything on. So lets get started and I will share what I have done on each individual A4 card. There will be a list of products used at the bottom of each card for your convience.

First up is this lovely shabby chic style card. I love to layer on different papers and laces, in this case I have used Bo Bunny paper.  I distressed each side of the paper and went around them with my distress ink in Vintage Photo.  After I layered on the papers and lace, I added some fun chipboard  embellishments from Gina's Designs.  The chipboard cameo I embossed in Ranger fine black embossing powder, and the needle and thread were also embossed as well. I used the "You leave me in stitches" stamp sentiment from Recollections.


 Items Used
Bo Bunny Madeline Paper
Ranger Embossing Powders
Gina's Designs Chipboard
Lace from Suhafuaha on Etsy
Prima Wire Thread Lime Green
Wild Orchid Crafts Flowers

Next up is this soft and romantic card. I started off once again with an A4 size card, then layered on some Recollections cardstock in light blue. I used a Prima stencil in a demask pattern and some Ranger Distress sprays in Stormy Sky. I then heat set the spray on the cardstock and got out another Prima stencil and some Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste. While the paste was still wet, I added some Holographic embossing paste to it, and then used my heat gun on it. The result is that the embossing paste and powder puffed up and gave this card a cool dimensional look, I really love how it came out! I added some flowers, vintage lace and stamped sentiment to finish it off.
 Items Used
Prima Stencils
Recollection Cardstock
Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste
Ranger Holographic Embossig Powder
Wild Orchid Crafts Flowers
Lace and Stamp From My Stash

Next up are two cards I created for Valentine's Day. I love doing mixed media work, and this was a fun chance to get out my sprays, paints and even some mica flakes!
The card on the left, is first embossed thru my Big Kick machine with a celtic knot design.  I them layered on some Fireworks Sprays by Imagine Crafts in pinks and light blue tones. Then I got out some fun Tim Holtz rubons and  added them to the background. I added some fun laces along the left side of the card, along with some clay pieces I created myself out of Fimo Clay.  I used another lovely chipboard piece from Gina's Designs, I really love the scroll heart, and added some metals and wood pieces. The final touch was some Stampendous Mica Flakes in Pearl to give lots of texture.

 The card on the right was created with some of the Prima Stationers Desk paper. I distressed the paper then inked around the edges with vintage photo distress ink.  I tore the top right of the paper and added some antique lace peeking out for dimension. I layered more of the papers on, and a wooden atc card which says love, and stamped out a sentiment from a Prima Stamp. A Prima butterfly and some chipboard which I embossed finished it off.
Items Used on Valentines Cards
Gina's Designs Chipboard
Wild Orchid Craft Flowers
Prima Paper, Metal, Wood Birds and Resin Butterfly
Tim Holtz Rub Ons
Fireworks! Sprays by Imagine Crafts
Stampendous Mica Flakes
Lace From My Stash


Next up is a simpler card which I used some dies I cut out from Memory Box Dies. I love the little pouncing kitty cat trying to peek out the window!  I kept this one simple in a black, white and grey theme.  I layered the "Just a note" die cut with 4 layers of the die glueing each layer on top with Glossy Accents to give the sentiment some height and dimension.  I used some lovely flowers and appliques from Kraftsupplies for you in the top corner and a little touch of white flowers in the bottom right corner.
 Items Used
Melissa Francis Papers
Memory Box Dies
Kraftsupplies4U Fabric Flower and Appliques
Wild Orchid Crafts Flowers

Last, but certianly not least, is my lovely Prima Bloom Girl Card. This stamp is named "Gardenia". I really love these stamps they are fun to play around with! I began with the A4 card, layered o some pink cardstock and then stamped the image on white cardstock. I used my Lyra Watercolor Crayons to highlight the face and hair and lips. I also sprayed some Rose Bud Fireworks Sprays in the background to keep the pink theme of the card going.  I used a lovely beaded applique which I cut apart, then sprayed the central flower with more Light Pink Fireworks Sprays. I cut out some flowers from some lace and then layered them on around the central flower. I sprayed one piece in a darker pink and left the others white. I added some resin and ribbon flowers to top them off.  I added a sentiment to the bottom of the card and tucked in more pink lace at the top and bottom for dimension.

 Items Used
Prima Bloom Girl Stamp
Kraftsupplies4U Flowers and Laces
Fireworks Sprays
Lyra Watercolor Crayons

I hope you have enjoyed seeing my cards today, I really had fun making them!  Drop me a line anytime if you have questions!
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment