Saturday, 26 November 2016

Sparkly ScraPerfect Star

Hello friends, Kim here again to share with you my next DT project for ScraPerfect. This time
I have altered a wooden star and made it into a Christmas ornament for my tree.
 

 
I started off this project with a wooden star from Fernli Designs, some Kaisercraft paper, and of course my trusty bottle of the Best Glue Ever.
 
 
I traced the image of the star out on the paper, and then used the Best Glue Ever with the No Clog Writing Cap.
You can see that I hardly use any glue at all. This glue works so well on paper, its truly amazing and when I add it to my wood projects, it really gives a hold that lasts. The No Clog Writing Cap makes for easy flow of the glue.

 
Once the paper was glued on both sides, I used some Chinese braid from my stash to go around the edges of the star. I also uses the Best Glue Ever for this.

 
Here is were we are so far, cute right?

 
I wanted my star to be dimensional, so I used a wooden snowflake to layer on top of the star.
I painted the star with some white chalk paint.

 
Now it is time to get some sparkle! I am using the Best Glue Ever here in a different way than usual. I took the cap off the bottle and used a paint brush to ensure even coverage and "painted" the glue all over the snowflake, also from Fernli Designs, in a light even coat.

 
Once I was finished gluing, I got out my glitter and sprinkled it all over the snowflake. You could use something like stickles for this step, but for me, I have arthritis in my hands and the Stickles bottles are hard for me to squeeze. This is so much easier and the glue gives such great coverage, that I just find it easier to do.

 
Here you can see what a great job the glue did with the glitter.
 
 
Once the glitter was dry, I added a blingy snowflake to the middle and then glued the snowflake down on the star.
 
 
I wanted lots of dangle and texture on the star, so I created a bow out of seam binding.



I added pieces of beaded wedding applique to the points of the star next.
 
 
 Last but not least, I made a lace tassle for the base of the star so it looked pretty and shabby chic at the same time.
 

 
A final touch was a tiny organza flower on each of the corners.


 

 
And once again here is the finished star.
 
 
I hope that you have found some inspiration here today, and will check out all the great products in the ScraPerfect Store.