Tuesday 20 August 2019

How To Create Your Own Ribbon White Rose Crafts DT


Good morning friends, Kim here with my next DT project for White Rose Crafts.
This week the team is celebrating all things Tim Holtz!  
I have a good selection in my stash of Tim Holtz items, thanks to the WRC shop.
I decided this week to play with his Stampers Anonymous Stamps and the Distress Oxides and make my own ribbon.  
Here is how I did it!


I started off with some of my favorite colours of Distress Oxides, Victorian Velvet, Vintage Photo,
I ripped strips of muslin fabric for a blank base, but you could use some printed fabric or any cotton fabric for this project.


I stamped several different images on each of the strips and on some of them, such as the one with the Union Jack from the Euro Elements Set, I used a subtle colour for that and then the darker, vintage photo on top, which is the post card stamp.


I loved the effect of layering the stamps on top of each other.


Because I used the Distress Oxides, the stamping came out quite chalky looking, and if you choose you can give the ribbon a light spritzing with water to make the images more faded looking, as the Oxides are water soluble so water will make the images run a bit. To me that would be a wonderful look if you are going for a more vintage and tattered vibe.


I just love how these came out! This is the first time I have stamped with the Oxides on fabric and they worked amazingly well.


I plan on using my new ribbons on some upcoming WRC projects so stay tuned for that!


Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you have found some inspiration here.

White Rose Crafts Products Used

1 comment: