Sunday 5 May 2013

 
 
Altered Prima Engraver
Storage Box
 
Happy May everyone! Well now that spring is here, its time to get organized and I have decided to have a good old clear out in my Crafty room! I had this piece for quite a while, it was a thrift store find and it was a terrible shade of forest green with gold flowers on it! I decided it was in dire need of a facelift, and the Prima Engraver paper did just the trick! It is a 3 drawer unit with a lid that opens to more storage space. I painted it all black first then applied the paper.
 
 

 
After applying the paper, I used the Prima clock mask on the sides with some Maroon modelling paste, love how it turned out! Then I went crazy with the clock theme and added lots of gorgeous Prima and Crafty Emblies goodies to this side.

 
This side I wanted to have a system to keep notes, so I painted 3 clothes pins in black and added the Prima Mechanicals Roman Numerals to them, at the top is a Prima Junkyard lantern adorned with some of Ingvild Bolme's mini junkyard findings. You will see another Crafty Emblies Clock with wings there and the Prima wood ruler.




 
Here is the front, I used a Michaels Key there and also you can see the scalloped edge, which is the Prima Wood again, and I glued it on and painted it black to give the top dimension.  The corner pieces are Prima Resin, and I also used the Mechanicals again with the roman numerals as well. The centre piece is a Crafty Emblies cog, with a Prima resin piece and an Engraver clock brad for the centre.
 
Here is what the inside looks like when the lid is open, I am keeping my Vintaj and Alcohol inks in there.


 
Close up of the drawers, more Prima and Tim Holtz goodies!


 
 A few more photos!
 



 
I hope you like this project, please feel free to comment or subscribe, I love to hear from you! Thanks for stopping by!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment