Monday 3 June 2013

Vintage Grunge Box
 
Here is a little something I have created using the Prima Engraver paper. It is one of my favorite paper lines to use, and really captures that vintage feeling that I was looking for. The box itself is a Dollarama find! I love Dollarama, they have great wood pieces there to alter, and if you live in Canada, defiately go and check them out, they have a great craft section!
 
 
I painted the box black to begin with, then added the paper, distressed it and the edges with Vintage Photo distress ink. You can see by this photo below, I tore the paper at the top and rolled it back. I love this look it allows you to give the project more depth. I used a vintage doily in the background and added a Prima zipper pull. The wooden key is from Crafty Emblies and I used my Vintaj inks to colour it and make it look rusty, then added the chain to connect the zipper and the key to each other. the top of the key has a ButterBeeScraps(on zibbet) metal filigree piece in copper with a Tim Holtz metal fastener on it, which the chain is attached to.

 Close up of the key, you can also see I used the "art is.." stencil on the box as well. The flowers are all from Wild Orchid Crafts.


 
The wood and chip board gears are from Leaky Shed Studios (got them from Discountpapercrafts on etsy) and from Crafty Emblies.
Wooden clock face and "inspire" sentiment from Crafty Emblies, you can also see the metal Prima clock face peeking out. The little light bulb is from my hubby's workshop!


 
Close up of the gears here, adn you can see some Prima flowers  and clock hands mixed in too.

Side view, here I used another filigree piece from ButterBeeScraps. The lace is all vintage from my stash.

Side View again, I also used the Prima brick mask to add more texture.

Full view. I really love how this turned out, it did capture that Vintage Grunge look I was going for.


Top view, you can see all the detail here, again the lace is vintage, I went into my hoard vault for this one! lol

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look, please feel free to comment or subscribe, I love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment