Thursday 4 July 2013

DT Projects for Kitty's Scrap Post

DT Projects for Kitty's Scrap Post
Digital Kit
"Une Belle Vie"
 
Happy 4th of July to all my American Friends! Today I want to share with you a few of my DT projects for Kitty's Scrap Post, which is my good Friend Luisa Diaz's blog. She makes the most beautiful digital kits!! This month it is a Parisian inspired kit called "Une Belle Vie" (A Beautiful Life). The kit is only $10.00 US, so its great value for money. First up, is an altered mailbox. This box was just the top originally, it was a navy blue with some funny geese painted on the side, so it has really gone under a transformation! 
 
 
I used several pieces from the digital kit here, I just adore this paper kit, its so versatile! It even included a couple of envelopes that you can see below here, and I have stamped on them and added some pretty pink and white butchers twine.


 
Here is the base of the mailbox, I used a brass candlestick and painted it with my homemade texture paste and added some Wild Orchid Crafts flowers, a brass key, and this altered wooden postcard with another image of the Eiffel Tower from the digital kit.
 
Here is a close up of the side of the box, you can see the beautiful pale blues and tan colours of the paper, it also had this scroll image on it, so it was the perfect place to add the MAIL letters to. The lace is from Lavish Laces and from my stash.

 
Here is the opposite side of the box, which has a beautiful image of a vintage key with wings and another Eiffel Tower. I cut the name of the paper out and added it to the side as well, attaching it with a Tim Holtz paper clip.

 
Here is part of the base, I used a vintage door number I got from a thrift shop, more of my homemade texture paste, and you can see the back of the wooden post card there with more script writing from the digital kit. It looks like a real post card!


 
And here is a full view of the post box.
 
My second DT project is this altered letter S I made for a friend. I used another piece from the kit here and you can really see the blue and aqua colours in this piece. I fussy cut out the hot air balloon and the gorgeous colourful bird from the kit.

 
 
The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and Craftsupplies1 on etsy. The curved windows are Prima resin pieces, zipper is also from Prima.


 
I added this sign from Recollections, I got at Michaels ages ago.
 
And Finally my third piece is this altered clock from Kaisercraft. It has lots of fun things going on!
 
 This paper is so beautiful, it has a full image of the Eiffel Tower, and I fussy cut out the hand holding the rose, the cherub and the two roses at the top behind the cherub. The pictures in the middle of the clock are also from the kit, they are just gorgeous images of a vintage lady, birds another Eiffel Tower and a cherub with clocl
 


 
Here is another piece I cut out, the vintage lady and I added a wing to her for fun! The gears and wood bits are from ThePorkChopShow on Etsy.
Here you can see more of the images they are beautiful!

 
 Here is the Cherub at the top, I got her from a thrift shop a while ago, and more the wood gears, and flowers. 

 
so these are my DT projects for the month of July for Kitty's Scrap Post, you can find the link here:
Thanks for stopping by today, please feel free to leave a comment
I love to hear from you! Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment