Friday 10 October 2014

Sweet Dreams ~ A Rubbermoon DT Project

Happy Friday friends, it's Kim here! I have a fun project to share with you today using the Art On The Block Kit from the Rubbermoon shop. I really love these kits, as you get enough goodies to make three little houses and it includes some fun chipboard from Gina's Designs.







I chose a fun theme for this house and made it kind of based in a night time dream state. Things are a bit out of scale and wonky!  I topped the house off with the Man in the Moon stamp which I stamped and inked in a lovely yellow pigment ink, then added some diamond stickles to make it sparkle.






I added some embossing paste to the background using a circle stencil from my stash to give the house some texture. I then added some of the chipboard windows from the kit, which I embossed.


 I then used the Love This Face stamp for the attic window. which I really do love!! It gives the illusion of someone peeking out, and has a real dreamy look to it. In the window below, I used the same embossing technique and added some lace to give the look of curtains, then stamped the Bow Wow stamp inside it.







For the front door I used a fun technique using some black embossing powder and the Dots & Circles Stamp to make an impression in the hot embossing powder, it worked amazingly well!






Once I had made my impression with the stamp, I used my silver Gilder's Paste and rubbed it on to give it a metallic look.  After that I got out some sapphire blue Inka Gold and my water brush and highlighted the impressions with it.







Here is the final look of the door, its a fun and different way to use your stamps!  You can also see in the background I have used the Stardust stamp for more added texture and design.







I hope you enjoyed my project, thanks for taking a peek.



Sweet Dreams everyone!



Rubbermoon Items Used








No comments:

Post a Comment