Thursday 27 November 2014

"Flying Diva" Mixed Media Canvas by Kim Imagine Crafts Cross Promotion

Hello friends! Today I am thrilled to share my mixed media canvas featuring the products of Imagine Crafts and of course Rubbermoon goodies as well!  I really love doing canvas work, and was truly inspired by the inks and sprays from Imagine Crafts, they work so well with the stamps, this was really a fun project.
 
 
I started off with a 10 x 10 canvas and started to layer on some vintage music paper, drywall tape and two of my favorite colors of Fireworks! sprays, in Bahama Blue, and Paris Dusk.  These sprays are really vibrant and work so wonderfully on the canvas, they come in a huge range of colors as well.
 
 
Next, I worked on some of the chipboard pieces from Gina's Designs that I wanted to add to my canvas. Imagine Crafts has such a great line of inks and embossing powders, I used a mixture of both to add life to the blank chipboard. First, I used the Memento Luxe Bahama Blue all over the Butterfly of Gears chipboard piece from Gina's, then when the ink was wet, I added some silver and black embossing powder to it. This really gave the illusion of layers and textures on the butterfly.

 
Once the embossing powder had cooled, I edged all around it with more of the Blue Memento Luxe ink and added a few sequins and bling with a key in the center to finish it off.
 

 
I also used the black Imagine Crafts embossing powder on the diamond texture sheet from Gina's Designs. I love this embossing powder, it is very fine and gives fantastic coverage!
 
 
I also used the Something Shiny Stamp as well. I stamped it on top of one of the 3 x 3 Inchie Art Squares that are sold in the Rubbermoon shop.  I also layered on some more embossing powder using the Versa Mark Pen, so I could just edge the mat board and control where the embossing powder went.  I added some more of the blue Memento Luxe ink and some of the Black Pico Embellisher, from Imagine Crafts on the corners to finish it off.

 
Here you can see some of the texture in the background of the canvas with the music paper, embossing paste and a circle stencil. I also used the Dots and Circles Stamps (one of my favorites!) to the background as well, using the black Stayzon Ink from Imagine Crafts.
 

 
 I also used some of the Vertigo Sheets from Imagine Crafts, I really love this stuff!! I thought it might be fun to play around with it, so I used the new Wings stamp by Kae Pea, and stamped on top with more of the black Stayz On Ink.  I then cut out the wing shapes, and used the Bahama Blue and Pear Tart Memento Luxe inks on the back of the wings to give them color.
 
 

This is the result!  I added some tiny keys from my stash and a coordinating flower to the center of the butterfly and flanked them beside more of the Gina's Designs Chipboard number plates, I am super happy with the result.
 
 
I hope you have enjoyed seeing my project today, and will hop over to Imagine Crafts website to check out all the amazing items they have in their store, I know I am totally a customer for life!
Thanks so much!
 
 
Other Items Used
Vintage Music Paper and Drywall Tape From My Stash
Lace, Metal and Flowers From My Stash
 

No comments:

Post a Comment