Tuesday 7 April 2015

All You Need is Love Mixed Media Card for RebeccaBaer.com Design Team


Good morning friends! I am very excited to share with you my first official design team project for RebeccaBaer.com 


Rebecca sells the most amazing stencils, art mediums, paints and even digital papers. Today I have created a tutorial featuring several of her items, so lets get started!


I have started off with some Ranger glossy paper and my alcohol inks. I have used the Harlequin Damask Stencil . Rebecca sells these stencils in several sizes, which is great for any form of art you choose.
Once I had my items ready I used some of Rebecca's Masking Tape , I love this tape it holds so well and makes your paper stay put instead of moving around which makes stencilling so much easier! 

Here you can see I started off with my first colour of inks and dabbing it on the paper, I continued on layering my ink colours until I was happy with the outcome.

Next I got out my Harlequin Damask Stencil , my alcohol blending solution and my beautiful Artiste Stenciler Brushes from Rebecca's Store.. These brushes are totally unique and different, in that they have a sheared end which keeps the bristles on top of the stencil material and makes it so much easier to move around on your work.   Using the blending solution and the stencil, I was able to "erase" some of the inks on the first layer and create an amazing pattern with this beautiful stencil.

An unexpected surprise with this technique, was that the blending solution reacted with the paper and the edge of the stencil, and created what now looks like thin pencil lines against the edge of the stencil.  It is actually the solution slightly pooling up against the edge of the stencil, but I totally love the effect it gave!

Next I got out one of my favorite stamps from Rebecca's store, she has a great range of fun stamps, but I really love this All You Need Is Love Stamp. I stamped it on some paper with clear ink and clear embossing powder.  Once that was done I got out my Heritage Flora Stencil and my distress inks. I used several colours and when you do this effect, the clear embossing powder resists the ink and you are able to see it through the colours.

Here is how it looks so far

I used a light blue ink on top of the sentiment itself and then took a baby wipe and burnished over the embossing powder and it reveals the stamp sentiment. Its kind of like invisible ink as it appears like magic under the ink colours!

Now that I had the sentiment done it is time to put the card together. I wanted to add some texture to the card so I got out my Vintage Charm Petite Stencil and added some embossing paste to the corners of the card. I love the white contrast against the colours in the background.  I popped up the matting for the card and the background piece with dimensional foam tape, then added some white ribbon across it and my stamp sentiment. I did go around the edges of the sentiment with some Vintage photo distress ink to have some contrast of colour against the background.




I added some flowers to the corner and some fun pearls and bling for final embellishments.
Here is my finished card!















I had so much fun playing around with all these amazing stencils from Rebecca's Store and I hope you will pop over and see all the amazing goodies she has in her shop!
Thanks so much for stopping by today!




Other Items Used
Ranger Glossy Paper
Petaloo Flowers
C'est Joli Ribbon
Ranger Alcohol Inks
Anita's Bling
Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste
Imagine Crafts Clear Embossing Powder
Versa Mark Clear Ink







No comments:

Post a Comment