Tuesday 21 April 2015

Art Journalling Fun with RebeccaBaer.com Stencils


Good morning friends, and happy Tuesday! Today I would like to share with you a fun art journal page I created for RebeccaBaer.com.   I am so in love with the stencils from Rebecca's Store, they are usually the first thing I reach for when I get out my art journal. 
This time I wanted to try out a fun technique I saw by Dyan Reveley who created these fun paints I just aquired. They were a perfect match with Rebecca's stencils!
I got out my trusty art journal book, and a baby wipe, and started off with this lovely turquoise background, its super easy to start your background off this way. Then it was time to get my stencils out.  I wanted to try a bit of tone on tone with them, so using the Harlequin Damask collage stencil, and the Artiste Stenciler Brush I added more of the same colour, and voila!  You can see a slightly darker shade of the same colour.  This was the beginning of my layering on my background.

Next I got out one of my favorite stamps from Rebecca's Store, The Fleur De Lis.  I used black stayzon ink and randomly stamped it around the page.
 Once the stamping was complete, I used the Dragonfly Fantasy Stencil with some different colors of the paint. Then the last layer was some white spray to give a subtle effect on top of the stencilling I had already done.  This gives further depth to your background.
 Here is where we are at now. You can see using the stencils with varying colour tones and adding the white on last you get a very deep background full of lovely layers.  The first colours added fade more into the background and the white pops more as the top layer.
 Now here I had a little bit of a brain storm!  I was getting out some of my masking tape from Rebecca's Masking Tape Set, and I thought the colour of it was a perfect match with the tones in my background.  So, I decided to use it as kind of a washi tape in my background to anchor my embellishments I wanted to go in this area. It worked out great!
 After I had layered on the tape, I used a chipboard heart, added more of the Dragonfly Fantasy stencil in white and then added some paper strips for dimension.  I then grabbed some white bloom flowers from my stash and added sprays and purple alchohol inks to pick up on the colours in the background.
 With a few finishing touches with my white sharpie pen, and a lovely quote from Walt Whitman, my page was complete.  Here is the final result below.
I have really discovered a love for art journalling, and Rebecca's stencils and products have really come in handy for this, they make it so easy to create a mini masterpiece!
Thanks so much for stopping by today and don't forget to check out Rebecca's Store.


Other Items Used
Dylusions Paint
White Sharpie Marker
Cracked Pistachio Distress Spray
Ranger Purple Alchol Ink
Chipboard Heart from Gina's Designs
White Bloom Flowers, Acrylic Hearts & Script Stamp From My Stash

No comments:

Post a Comment