Tuesday 19 May 2015

Mixed Media Canvas for RebeccaBaer.com


Hello friends and happy Tuesday! Today I would like to share my mixed media canvas I created with some gorgeous Rebecca Baer Stencils.
I was in the mood for some soft pastel colours and with this canvas just kind of went with the flow and feeling of the stencils.  I started off with the Large Flight of Fancy Stencil and some of my sprays.

 Once the first layer of sprays were dry I got out some Tim Holtz tissue paper and used the Stencil Gel that Rebecca Has to put it down.  I love this stuff it works great and dries quick too!  Next I layered on the Marrakech Stencil with some more of my sprays is a light blue tone, I continued to build up the layers on the canvas until I was happy with it.
 Next it was time for some modelling paste, and I used the Heritage Flora stencil and the Flexi Spreader from Rebecca's Store.  Once that was complete I got out some chipboard for embellishments, painted them and then I wanted some texture on them, so I thought that the delicate patterns from the Graceful Harmony Stencil would work great onto of the chippys!
 You can see below how it turned out, I really love the effect and it shows just how tiny and delicate these stencils are to go on something as small as this frame and flourish. The stencil showed up great on top of the white paint and really added the dimension I was looking for.
 I used some watercolour paint in a matching colours to pick up on the dimension.
Here is a close up of the finished piece of chipboard, I love the effect!
 As I had the Graceful Harmony Stencil out I used another pattern on it for the side and one corner of the canvas. I love the delicate effect it has.
 After I was finished with the stencilling it was time to add my embellishments.  I used more chipboard wings, resin frame, metals and flowers to complete the look I was going for.

I hope you have enjoyed my project today. Rebecca has such great products in her shop, I am sure you will find something that will meet your artistic needs!

Thanks for stopping by today!


No comments:

Post a Comment