Friday 16 October 2015

A Purrfect Day Featuring Newtons Nook Designs

Good morning friends!  Today I have a fun card to share featuring the stamps of Newton's Nook Designs. I recently purchased them and I am truly in love! I am totally a crazy cat lady, and these stamps really are fun and inspiring.
 
I created a 5 1/2 x 4  1/4 card on Recollections White Cardstock and designed my own background using fun images from the Newton's Antics Stamp set.
 
 
Newton's Antics is a really great set of stamps, it has lots of little images that really are great for creating your own custom background with. I used several images from the set and used some bright colours of inks to show them off.  I randomly stamped four images around the cardstock until I was happy with the outcome. I added some clear Wink of Stella to the solid images for some glitter.
 
 
Now it was time to turn to my image from the Naughty Newton Stamp set. This set is so cheeky! Being a Kitty Mom myself, I loved that the images really captured the true personality of our furry friends.  This image in particular reminded me of some fun I have had with my kitties!
 
I used my Spectrum Noir Markers to colour.  I used three of the grey tones for the kitty to create  his fur, and added shades of tan and brown for the flower pots.
 

 
The earth that has spilled out of the broken pots was created again with my markers. I used dots and started with a light colour for the background, dotting it around and continued with a few more tones, going darker each time until I was happy with it.
I added some tiny silver bling to the centre of the flowers and some Wink of Stella glitter to the leaves and the plant and kitty collar.
 


For the sentiment of the card, it is again from the Newton's Antics set, I stamped it on white card stock and added a fun little mouse toy beside it.
 

 
I added a few sequins and a fun little bow for finishing touches.
I hope you have enjoyed my card today, and don't forget to check out the links below for the stamps I used and more fun things from Newton's Nook.

 
 
 
Other Products Used
Simon Says Stamp Orange Peel Ink
Hero Arts Shadow Ink Red Royal
Spectrum Noir Markers
Stayzon Ink Black
Recollections Cardstock
Sequins From My Stash
Mini Bling From My Stash
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment