Tuesday 6 October 2015

My Friend Owl A Rebecca Baer DT Project

 
 
Good morning friends and happy Tuesday. Kim here today to share with you a fun card project using the Petite Diamond Plaid stencil from Rebecca Baer. I created this 4 1/2 x 5 1/2'' card using white card stock as the base. 
 I love fall, and was inspired by the season, but also by a dear friend who loves green and owls. I will be sending this card to her for a little thank you. I started off with white card stock and die cut a leaf image out of the blank card, I set it aside to use later.
 
I started off with layering on the Petite Diamond Plaid stencil. This stencil comes with three layers. I love working with layers it gives such a great opportunity for dimension and colour.  There is no right or wrong way to layer up this stencil so I just laid one on top of the other, using my Distress Inks in  three different tones.
Once the plaid design was achieved. I got the die cut leaf out and stamped and inked up a cute little owl. I added some stamped pine cones in the background as well.
 
 
I popped up the plaid piece with black foam tape and mounted it on some chestnut brown card stock from Recollections. Once the plaid piece was in place I used score tape to tape down the leaf and inserted it into the card. By layering on the plaid and not the leaf it gave it some more dimension to the card.
 
Lastly I die cut out the word friend and added some bakers twine and a small flower embellishment.

 

 
 Here is the finished product! I love how it came out, and this stencil is fun and versatile, so watch for me to use it again soon, it has become one of my favorites!
 
I hope you enjoyed my project today and will check out all the great items in Rebecca's Store and also the DT blog as well.
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Rebecca Baer Products Used
 
Petite Diamond Plaid Stencil
 
Other Items Used
Cardstock from Recollections
Inkadinkadoo Owl Stamp
Paper Smooches Friend Die
Recollections Flowers
Spectrum Noir Markers
Distress Inks
Kool Tak Black Foam Adhesive
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment