Friday, 20 May 2016

Art Journal Cover Featuring Stencils by Joggles DT Project

 

Hello Joggles fans! I am so very excited to share with you my next design team project for Joggles! This time I have altered the cover of my art journal and used one of my favorite stencils from Joggles.
 
 
Here is a list of products you will need for this project.
 
 
 
Joggles Products Used
 
 
Other Items Used
Art Script Stamp
Resin Frame & Key from My Stash
Prima Resin Pieces
Petaloo Flowers
Turquoise Butterfly, Chipboard Number, Copper & Teal Micro Beads From my Stash
White Thread
Martha Stewart Paint - Beach Glass
 
To start off your journal cover, I gave it a coat of gesso. Once that was dry I gave it a coat of aqua coloured acrylic paint. I also gave my embellishments a similar treatment and set them aside to dry.
 
 
 
Next it was time to start the layering process. I took some of the Tim Holtz Tissue Wrap and ripped pieces up and laid it down on the top of the journal, I used Mod Podge to adhere it down. Then using the Secret Garden Stencil and some texture paste I laid the stencil down and kept rotating it to give a different look to the pattern all around the journal. I love the effect it gave. Texture paste is such a great way to add dimension to your projects.
 
 
Now it was time to get out the Distress Spray Stains, and again, you can use what ever colours you like, Joggles has such a great range of them in their store, you will be spoiled for choice! 
I let the colours run down the front of the journal, letting the texture paste help to gather the colour.
 
 
I started off with the lightest colour of the sprays, working my way up to the rust coloured spray. I also took the lid off the sprays and splattered some of the colour on the book to give a distressed and grunge type of feel.
 
 
After the sprays had dried, it was time to add embellishments and some micro beads for further texture. I laid out my embellishments in a way I liked then used hot glue to adhere them to the cover.
 
 
I got out the Mod Podge once again and a tiny paint brush to add the micro beads in coordinating colours. I stamped the word "art" with black StazOn, on some paper and adhered it to the frame. I then added some white thread under the resin frame for some fun and whimsy, and also added my chipboard number plate and metals as well to finish this part of the journal off.
 
 
I hope you have enjoyed my project today, I am pretty happy with the outcome. Now it can be ready for my next art journal page inspiration!
 
Other Items Used
Art Script Stamp
Resin Frame
Prima Resin Pieces
Petaloo Flowers
Turquoise Butterfly, Chipboard Number, Copper Micro Beads From my Stash
White Thread