Monday, 27 June 2016

Altered Photo Frame For The Prima PPP Challenge

 
 Hello friends! I am so excited to try out this months Prima PPP Challenge over on the Prima Blog.
 
 
 
 
This month the colours of the PPP are playing off of Pantone's colors of the year, of which there are two this year. You can see below the colour story for which I took my inspiration for this project.
 
 
Let's get started with my photos and how I created my project!
I started off with a simple wooden frame which I got from Michaels.
 
 I am using the Prima French Riviera paper line for this project as well and lots of other gorgeous Prima goodies!
 

 
I cut three different papers to fit over the frame, distressing them and then inking them up with Prima's chalk edgers.  Once that was completed, I glued the papers down to the frame.
 
 
I used my tried and true Prima script stamp (that I have had for ages!) and added some inky script to the frame. 
Then, it was time to work on my embellishments. I am using lots of the IOD moulds that I made using some Prima air dry clay. I painted the pieces with some of the Finnabar Art Alchemy paints in blue-gold and brass hardware, in keeping with the colour tones of the mood board.

 
 I love how the IOD moulds came out, they are my new favorite thing to play with!
Next, I got out my Fairy Belle vine flowers and gave them a coat of gesso to lighten up the green leaves. I also sprayed some water on them after the gesso was dry and then added more of the Art Alchemy paints to them to pick up on the colours.
 
 
Now it was time to play with my Art Stones! I used the same Brass Hardware paint and painted the stones, mixing them up until I was happy with the coverage.

 
I added the stones to some spots on the frame, after I glued down my embellishments. I used lots of Prima goodies on my frame, including the Sea Shells from the Shabby Chic Treasures, and some Prima Mechanicals as well.
 
 
I also added lots of gorgeous Prima Flowers too! I touched them up with some of the painted Art Stones, and also gave them a spritz with water and some Caramel Alcohol Inks to bring out the centers of the flowers. Thanks to Prima Designer Miranda Edney for that tip! I saw her do it on a Live with Prima Class, and I just love how the flowers came out!
 

 
I added some pearls from my stash and wound them in and around the embellishments, adding some Aqua Alcohol Ink and spritzing with water as I went.
 
 
Another of the gorgeous IOD Moulds!
 



....And again here is a look at the finished product! I also did add some letters from the paper line to spell out "Journey" on the frame.
 

 
I hope you have enjoyed my project today. I had so much fun with the Prima PPP challenge!! I hope you will pop over to the Prima Blog and check out the monthly challenges they have over there.
Thanks so much for stopping by!