Sunday 26 February 2017

Fun Mixed Media with ScraPerfect

 Good morning everyone, Kim here today with my next DT project for ScraPerfect. This time I have created a mixed media paint brush!
 
 
 
 
I started off with a wood blank from Fernli Designs and some old computer and electronic bits from my husbands workshop.
 
 
I first covered the wood blank in white gesso.

 
Then it was time to get out the Best Glue ever and start to glue down my
pieces. As I mentioned, these are old bits from my husbands workshop that he no longer needs and I glue them down so they fit on top of the piece nicely.


 
Once they are all glued down, I got out my Lindy's Stamp Gang and Ranger Distress Ink sprays in colours I liked and started to layer on colour, drying each layer in between.


 
 Once I was happy with the layers of colour, I got the Best Glue Ever out again, and this time I used it to glue down tiny micro, and mini micro beads for added texture to the piece.
 
 
 
 
Here is a couple of close up's of the beads!
 
 
 
I set the brush aside to dry and now I will work on the letters for the front of the brush. The letters are also wooden, and from Fernli Designs. I gave them the same spray treatment and then used BGE again so that I could use some of the Transfer Foils from ScraPerfect.
 
 
Once the glue dries a bit and becomes tacky, then it is time to lay the foils down on top of the letters.
 
 
I choose purple and silver foils to pick up on the colour tones on the brush.
 
 
You can see in the photo below how it came out, I just love the shimmer the foils give!
 
 
.....and here is the final outcome!

 

 
 
I hope you have found some inspiration here today and will check out the ScraPerfect store for all the items I used on my project.
Thanks for stopping by!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment