Monday 18 March 2019

Dream Altered Butterfly Box White Rose Crafts Spring Blog Hop



Welcome Rosies to the March "Blue Skies" Blog Hop.
This month's hop will Run from today,
March 18th- Friday, March 22nd at noon EST.
If you are not familiar with blog hops, it’s fun and easy way to see
what the Rosie Design Team is creating! Simply click on the first
name in the list below to visit our Design Team.
Each blog will have the same list of links on their blogs and you just
follow them in order to go to the next blog!

And to make it more fun there is a chance for you to win a
$15 WRC Gift Card
just for hopping along with us and leaving a
comment at each stop along the way!
The Hop will run all week until Friday, March 22nd at 12pm EST.
Once the hop has closed, we will randomly pick a winner of someone
who has commented all along the way, who will be announced on the
19th right here on the WRC blog!
And as an added bonus, do you want your work to be featured on our blog
when we announce our hop winner.
Share your White Rose Crafts projects over on our Facebook Gallery,
and you might just be a featured project right here!

Have you seen our March "Blue Skies" Subscription Kit? There are only a few left in stock, 
so don't miss out on a chance to own your own bit of BLUE SKIES. 
But did you know that with each of our kits, there is always an Kit Add-On section of 
the Store that compliments your Monthly Subscription Kit? And did you know you can
 get anything in that March Kit Add-On section for 10% off using the code March Add Ons!!


Now On to our hop! I am up first, and I am so excited to share
my project with you. Don't forget to hop along to the other designers blogs and comment, the full list for the designers, including the links are listed at the bottom of my post.


I have altered a wooden box which was a, thrift store find, using some of the GORGEOUS Flutter paper by Graphic 45.  I just adore this paper, the colours are so rich and vibrant!


I also used the butterfly flourish chipboard, and embossed it using some black embossing powder to make a bold statement on the front of the box.


I added some Prima and Recollections flowers to the box, and fussy cut out lots of the butterflies from the paper so the flowers give them a fun place to land on.


Some of the Dovecraft glitter glue in crystal gives the butterflies a gorgeous shimmer and sparkle.


My focal point is the steampunk butterfly chipboard piece which I layered on one of the chipboard words "Dream" on top. 


I used the Finnabar pastes in coordinating colours on the top of the butterfly and then used some DecoArt rose gold metallic lustre on top of the pastes.  The dream word I used the same black embossing powder to make it stand out on the butterfly.  A finishing touch to the butterfly is some Prima hardware, which I attached using Glossy Accents.



Such pretty flowers and butterflies!
The tulle lace on the box was from my stash but the double scallop floral lace I layered on top of that is from the White Rose Crafts store, they have a great new selection of lace in now!


I also added a pretty bow from the bow lace in the WRC store.


I hope you have enjoyed my project today and have found some inspiration here.

Prima Flowers (Sold Out)

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to hop over to the other designers blogs too! 
All the links are below!
And when you get done hoping come back to White Rose Crafts Blog
and let us know which add on you would be most excited to play with.

Hop Order

Angeldreamcrafts <<< You are Here


16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous box--love how you embellished it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! this is beautiful! Look at all the details!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jean, it was so much fun to make!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous box, such attention to detail! I love that G45 paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful details on your altered box! I love the flowers and butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this box Kim. All the gorgeous butterflies....OMG!!! Tfs and inspiring. 💕💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much my dear friend, sending hugs! xx

      Delete
  6. That box is so super gorgeous! I love all the wonderful things you added to make it so beautiful! I love the butterflies too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning project! Just so many embellishments and elements to stare at!!! GOREGOUS

    ReplyDelete