Sunday 17 February 2013

Altered Mixed Media Canvas
 
 
 
 
 
I started off with 2 canvases and decided to just have fun and play around with some different textures, colours and dimensions.  I used the Steampunk Debutante paper from Graphic45 for the background on this piece and framed around the outside of the canvas with black acrylic paint.  I also used some textured modelling paste and my stencils to create different dimensions on the canvas, and tore up some of the paper to attach a very cool prima zipper to the top part to make it look like the butterfly underneath is peeking through.
 
 
 
 
 
So have a look and let me know what you think, feel free to leave a comment or if you have any questions about this or any other of my projects just ask, I am happy to help!
 


 
Thanks for stopping by!
 


12 comments:

  1. Love love love this hunnie, well done on a great piece x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Judie, and thank you for providing such a great product that inspires us!!! hugs xx

      Delete
  2. WOW Kim this is amazing! I love all the gorgeous details and the embellishments. Love it!!!

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really do love this, I find it rather inspiring!!

    Moira xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you know I love this lots hunnie....fabulous art work x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great piece, wonderful colours and textures are fantastic. Love it.

    Great Big Huge Hugs

    Becca xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is just lush hun the detail colours and textures are amazing hugs Cherylxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing piece of work... the double canvas arrangement works so well, and I love how you've tied them together with colours and elements, as well as how you've actually tied them together - the links are really cute!! Great inspiration, thank you.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete