Sunday, 17 March 2013

 
 
Altered Hanging Silhouette Hooks
March DT project for Crafty Emblies
 
 
 
 
Here is what I came up with this month. I wanted something for my home, and I wanted something practical, and this was just the thing for me!
 
 
Here is a pic of the two hooks I created. They are made from a wood base, which was painted with white acrylic paint, then I used the Prima Divine paper on top to cover the front.
 
I then added some texture with a Prima mask and some modelling paste, used my heat gun to distress it a bit till it bubbled up.  I then used some black soot distress ink around the base and added the flatback pearls.  I then added a CE Large Cameo wooden Head. She also got a coat of white paint and I used another mask and modelling paste to give her the illusion of having flowers in her hair.  I went around her with the black soot ink as well to give some demension.
 
For the rectangle wall hook, I used the large CE dress form with wings, and used the same procedure on it as I did the Cameo head.  I used the mask and modelling paste on the wings, and added a metal clock embellishment to the centre for interest. 

 
In this close up you will see I also added some of the 3mm CE wood letters, and put the word "hats" just above the hook.


 
For this one I used the word  "coats" using the 3 mm letters. You can also see the texture on the Head and Wings, it really looks cool!
 
I then added the hooks and voila! I have a lovely addition to my front hallway.