Monday 18 March 2013

Mixed Media Canvas
Featuring Leaky Shed Studio Products
 
 
Happy Monday everyone!  I hope you all have had a great weekend, and enjoyed some good ole crafty fun!  This is what I have been working on this weekend, a mixed media canvas for a swap I am doing over on http://2shabbysistersstudio.ning.com/ site.  The lady who is my swap partner, asked for the colours turquoise, pink and white, and I was happy to do that, as they are some of my favorite colours, here is what I came up with.
 
 
I started off by prepping my canvas with some white gesso, then I started the layering process, first I used some paper from the Graphic45 Secret Garden line, tore it into pieces and Mod Podged it on the canvas.  Then I took an old book and tore out some of the pages, and crinkled them up and added distress ink around them to give them an aged look. The Crown and Frame are from Leaky Shed Studio http://www.leakyshedstudio.com/ they have wonderful chip board pieces, and I love working with them.
 
I then started to layer with some stencils and modelling paste, I used my new Maya Road angel wing stencil and I love how it turned out.
After that I used my Lindy's stamp Gang Sprays and gave them a good coat, drying each colour in between layers, after they dried, I used my script stamp and some black ink and went over the canvas with that. Then started to add the embellishments.  The Chipboard pieces are from The Leaky Shed Studio, which include the oval frame, the crown and the gears, I purchased them from DiscountPaperCrafts on Etsy, you can find them here :
 
I then added more embellishments and lace, I did also spray the lace with my Lindy's Sprays, which you can find at the Lindy's site here:
The flowers I used are from www.wildorchidcrafts.com 


The window is a Prima resin piece, the key, lightbulb, bling and flower are from my stash.
The sentiments are cut from the Prima Lifetime collection paper(also purchased from DiscountPaperCrafts), and the metal window was from my stash. Above here in this photo you can see the lace which I sprayed with the Lindy's, it takes the spray really well, I also used some silver and gold rub and buff here and there on things, and finally I used some gesso, to lighten up the whole canvas and give it that shabby chic look.
Let me know what you think, I hope my swap parter will like what I have made her. Feel free to leave a comment or subscribe, I love to hear from you!
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment