Friday 5 September 2014

Fall Door Banner a Gina's Designs Project

Hi Friends! Well, its hard to believe that summer is over and we are now going into my favorite season of the year, Fall. Gina's Designs has created this very cool Fall Banner to decorate your autumn spaces. It can be configured into many different ways to suit your space, I chose to display my banner vertically to fit my front door. The banner comes with 2 rakes, but I have only used one for this project, and saved the other one to use on something else.


I love the layered effect you can create with this banner, as the letters are already cut out for you, and you can show off some great Autumn papers when you decorate your piece. Here I have used some really pretty paper with lots of lovely fall colors. For the rake I used some black acrylic paint then went over it with some silver Gilders Paste.

 





I chose to have some fun with the leaves and background of the banner. In the left photo below, you can see I painted the leaf a brown tone, then used some of my water soluble pastels to draw veins in the leaves and finished them off with some of the Shimmerz Dimensionz Paint to give them texture, I just love the effect!


I then got out some fun Fall themed stamps and some coordinating embossing powders adding texture to the  banner piece, and just the right touch to finish off the project.

Thanks so much for looking and don't forget to check out all the cool Autumn themed items in Gina's Store!

Gina's Designs Items Used

Other Items Used
Ranger Embossing Powders
Kaisercraft Miss Empire Paper
Wild Orchid Craft Flowers
Neo Colour Water Soluble Pastels
Martha Stewart Paint
Seam Binding from my Stash
Dimensional Butterfly Stickers from Dollar Tree
Gilders Paste Silver

No comments:

Post a Comment