Tuesday 9 September 2014

Hello my Artsy Friends! Today, I would like to share with you my Kitty Cat banner. I am a cat person (as you can tell) and thought it would be fun to play with some of the great cat stamps that RubberMoon has in their store.


 

I had a lot of fun with this banner and used my beloved cat Miss Blue, who is a pure bred blue point rag doll, as my inspiration for the stamps and the sentiments.  I used various colors of ink to achieve my background, and have a short tutorial below to show how I achieved the look.

 
After I was happy with the watercolor look of the inks, I used various RubberMoon stamps in the background to finish off the look before I stamped on my focal images of the cats.


Here is my banner put together and complete....


 

I used my Pentel watercolor pen and some colorful inks in various colors. First I dipped my brush in the inks and did random areas of the Inchie Art Squares Tile.  I really love these tiles, they really are super sturdy and make for a great base for my banner.
 
After I had added all my colors it was time to stamp my images.



I have used a very non-conventional item to put my stamped image on...toilet tissue!  Yes, that's right, I have used some ordinary toilet tissue. I love the effect it gives! I wanted the Cat stamps to stand out from the background stamping I did and this was a great way to achieve the look.  The tissue took the stamp great and then I fussy cut it out and mod podged it onto the art square. The finished result is something different and fun!



I hope you have enjoyed taking a peek into my studio today, and will try out some of these techniques and sweet kitty cat stamps from RubberMoon, they are just purrrfect!
 
 RubberMoon Items Used
Inchie Art Squares
Flower Cat
Ashley Cat
Impurrfect
Hot Wheels
Roller Derby Kitty
If Cats Could Talk They Would Lie To  you
Bunting Large
Stardust
Scattered Hearts
Loopy Hearts Border


Other Items Used:

StayzOn Ink

Hero Arts Inks

Pentel Waterbrush Pen

Silk Sari Ribbon

Lawn Fawn Jute

Creative Imaginations Sentiments



Meow - Enjoy Your Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment