Tuesday 16 June 2015

Mixed Media Style Easel Card for RebeccaBaer.com



Good morning friends and happy Tuesday! Today I am sharing with you my mixed media easel card I created for RebeccaBaer.com.  I love making easel cards they are fun and easy to do. I have a step by step below here which shows you how you can make one too.

I first started off with my Gelli Plate and some bright colours of my Dylusions paints. I used a brayer to spread the paint out then layered on the Marrakech Stencil from Rebecca's Store.  After that you place your paper on top an rub the back of the paper to get your stencilled impression.
This is the impression on the paper that I got. I love the faded and mottled texture I achieved with this stencil.

I cut the paper down to a 5 3/4'' size for the front of the card, and with the rest I decided to make a paper bow using my WRMK Envelope Punch Board.  To do this you need to cut your paper into 3 strips. One strip is 1'' x 6'', and the other 2 need to be 1'' x 5''.

 
You achieve the bow by punching  the 6'' piece at the 3'' mark on both sides, and one of 5'' strip at 2 1/2'' mark on both sides. I rounded the corners on one of the 5'' pieces and the  6'' piece and gave a dovetail cut to mimic real ribbon on the other 5'' piece.
 Next, I used my Multi Matte Medium to glue the ends of the pieces into the center, and then layered them on top of each other and below is the finished piece.

For the easel card, you will need to get out your score board and cut your card stock to 12'' long by 6'' wide. Score your piece at the 6'' and 3'' marks. Then fold at the 3'' and 6'' marks to get your easel card base.
 
Next, I cut my Gelli plate print down to 5 3/4, and a coordinating cardstock in purple to 6'' x 6'' to mat it on the card, the photo on the right shows how I will layer it.
 

 I felt the card needed a bit of sparkle, so I got out my gold texture paste and the Harlequin Damask Stencil and gave it some glam! I love how it looks, it really brightened it up.


 


 I glued everything down and added some colourful chipboard dragonflies and Dream sentiment in a rich purple, and some flowers for a finishing touch.
 I hope you will give these techniques a try, I love to experiment with Rebecca's Stencils.

Thanks for stopping by today!
Other Products Used
We Are Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board
Flowers from Petaloo
Silks Acrylic Glazes
Prima Gold Crackle Texture Paste
Dylusions Paint by Dyan Reveley
Multi Medium Matte
Cardstock








No comments:

Post a Comment