Tuesday 30 June 2015

ColourArte Blog Challenge!

 
 
 
Hi Friends! Today I am sharing a fun mixed media card I created for the ColourArte Blog challenge. We were to use some fun primary colours for this challenge, as you can see below here.
You can find all the instructions on the ColourArte Blog HERE or take a peek at their Facebook page HERE.
 
So here is my take on the challenge. I love mixed media and also have fun making cards, so I combined the two and this is what I came up with. 
I used a lot of ColourArte goodies on this, I have a complete list of them just at the bottom of the post.
 
I began with some stencils and some Sunburst Radian Rain spray, then I got out some texture paste and more stencils to add dimension. Once that was all dry, I used some Teal Zircon and had some fun splattering it here and there.
I painted the chipboard wing and hot air balloon with some twinkling H2o's in Mediterranean Blue and a Silks Acrylic Glaze in Carmen. I added some embossing powder to the wing for more texture and then added some more of the "Twinks" and Glaze on the frame, goggles, metal sentiment and number plate.

Finally I added some flowers, hot air balloon charm and some chain from my stash as some final embellishments.
 
This was a super fun challenge to do, and I understand ColourArte will be holding them on a regular basis, so count me in for next time!
thanks for stopping by today!
 
 
Other Items Used
Prima Stencil
Tim Holtz Stencil
Prima Resin and Metal Pieces
Wild Orchid Craft Flowers
Hot Air Balloon Charm from Kraftsupplies4U
 

No comments:

Post a Comment