Tuesday 2 June 2015

Queen Bee Card for RebeccaBaer.com

 
 
Happy Tuesday friends! Today I have a fun card I created for a friend who to me is the "Queen Bee". I love the fact that Rebecca has such fun stencils in her shop and the Honeycomb Stencil worked perfectly for my first layer on my background. For this 6 x 6 card, I got out some lovely bright yellow mica spray and gave my white cardstock a once over with it to pick up on the collage style of this stencil.
Once the spray was dry, I used the Flight of Fancy stencil and some copper metallic paint to feature the bee from that stencil. I wanted them to "bee" a focal point!
After I did that this is what the background looked like. I just love those bees!
 
I wanted to add some more dimension to the card so I got out some burlap paper I had in my stash, and layered it underneath the background piece, I love how they look together.
 
Next I added more embellishements with some white ribbon and some jute trim, to pick up on the colour of the burlap. Once I had done this I taped and glued everything down to the main card piece.
 I took out my Queen Bee chipboard sentiment from Gina's Designs Lasercuts and used a black paint dauber for the words and a silver one for the crown. I added a little gold bling to the crown for some sparkle.  For the bee, which is also chipboard, I used more of the copper metallic paint and black on its wings.
 

 
The finishing touch was some flowers and now my card is complete.
I hope you have enjoyed my project today and will find your own inspiration buzzing around you!
Thanks for stopping by!
 
 
Other Items Used
Ranger Paint Daubers, Silver, Copper and Black
Radiant Rain Spray
Prima Twine
Websters Pages Paper
DCWV Burlap Paper
Flowers by Petaloo
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment