Tuesday 4 August 2015

Stencilled Zentangle ATC's for Rebecca Baer

Good morning friends, Kim here today to share with you some fun Zentangle inspired ATC's.
 
 
I had lots of fun with this project, I love making ATC's and I have been practicing doing Zentangle for a while, and thought this might be a good and easy way to help others who are new to this type of art. I thought that using layered stencils would be a fun and easy way to get the look of Zentangle but not do all the work.
 
I started off with the Artist Tool stencil and my Faber Castel black Pitt Pen and I traced around the outline of the palette.  Next, I got out the Harlequin Damask stencil, and traced out a spot I liked on the stencil into the middle of the palette. In the photo on the bottom right you can see what it looked like.
 
 
Now its time for colour. I used some Hero Arts Inks and my water brush and moved the inks around on the paper. You can see on the photo below on the right how it came out.
 
 
 I also did a second one with a different part of the Harlequin Damask stencil to achieve a different pattern on the second one.  Once I had them both coloured it was time to start the Zentangle  process. Now I am no expert, but I love how this stencil technique cut my work down to fill in the palette. I just started to doodle and fill in the blank spaces with lines, dots, squiggles and waves.
 

 
I kept going until I was happy with the outcome.
 

 
 
I decided to fussy cut out one of the palettes, and glue it down to some black ATC matte board. I love the look of the black for the background. 
 

 
For the second one I just trimmed down the paper and then added some tiny gemstones and a sentiment from my ATC Stash.
 
 
You can see the difference in contrast from the black to the white backgrounds.
 
I added some white embossing paste to this one as well, using the Artist Tool Stencil once again to add texture and some images of the brushes.
 
I hope you will give this technique a try, I really enjoyed it, and I feel its good for a beginner Zentangl-er like me to use stencils to help the process along. Remember, it doesn't have to be perfect, just have fun!
 
Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check out Rebecca's Store and links below!
 
 
 
Other Products Used
Faber Castel Pitt Pen Black
Inks from Hero Arts
Pentel Water Brush
Rhinestones from my stash
Black ATC Cards from The ATC Store
Crescent Mixed Media collage ATC Cards
Ranger Multi Matte Medium
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment