Tuesday 18 August 2015

2 Cards 1 Stencil DT Project for RebeeccaBaer.com

 
 Good morning friends and happy Tuesday. Kim here today to share with you two fun card projects using the same stencil.  Its amazing that you can get two different looks with basically the same stencil and embellishments. I have used opposite colours of pink and blue distress inks for these 4 1/4 x 5 1/2'' cards.
 
I used the Fleur De Lis Stencil from Rebecca's Store, and taped it down to my white cardstock with some of the mini masking tape that can also be found in Rebecca's Shop.   I used some pink tones in the distress inks and started off with the lightest colour, and gradually moved down the page until I got to the darkest tone.
 
 
 
I ended up using some Simon Says Stamp ink for the final row as I wanted it to be very dark in comparison to the first light row. 
 
 

 
Next I used my die cuts that I had ready. I used the Eiffel Tower and embossed it with two different tones of embossing powder, one in a pewter, and one a verdigris tone to pick up on the metallic look. I die cut out the "hello" sentiment and stamped on top of it with my script stamp and then adhered it to some bright pink cardstock, creating a dovetail at the end of the banner.
 
 
 I stamped a postal image on top and added some sequins and pearls for a final touch.
 
 
For the second card, I used the same stencil, but reversed the way I used it. This time I put my blue tones of inks down first, creating a faux ombre effect going from lightest to darkest.
 
 
 
Next, I taped the stencil down again and got out a baby wipe and rubbed over the stencil removing some of the inks. Note, that this will only work with water based inks, and not with dye or pigment inks.   When I removed the stencil I was left with a lovely shadowy effect and the Fleur De Lis appears lighter than the inks.
 

I used the same die cut Eiffel Tower, and a different script sentiment. I embossed them with some embossing powder, and again, added the stamp, some sequins and bling to finish it off .

 
Here are the two finished cards, side by side. You can see what a fun difference you can get using one stencil for two different cards.
 


I hope you enjoyed my project today, thanks so much for stopping by and don't forget to check out Rebecca's Store and Blog for more info!
 
 
Other Products Used
Lindy's Stamp Gang Embossing Powder
Ranger Embossing Powder
Prima Stamp
Doodlebug Designs Sequins
Anita's Brand Pearls
Distress Inks
Simon Says Stamps Doll Pink Ink
Multi Matte Medium
Die Versions Dies
Die-Namics Dies
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment