Friday 1 January 2016

Celebrate 2016 Card for The Crafters Palette Design Team

 
Hello and Happy New Year! Today I am sharing a simple and easy card that will help you to ring in the new year in style!
 
I have been doing a lot of mixed media lately, and this time felt in the mood for something clean and simple.
 
I started this card off with some simple black cardstock on a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 white cardstock base.  I used up some cardstock from my stash, but Crafters' Palette has a great selection of Bazzill Cardstock you can find HERE
 
 
I used my ultra high adhesion double sided tape to attach the black cardstock to the base.  I got out my celebrate stamp and used some clear Versamark ink to stamp my sentiment on the card.
 

Next I wanted to have a night sky sort of feeling to the card, so I got out my Distress Ink Spray in Brushed Pewter . I gave the card a quick spray and then removed the spray lid and dabbed some of the ink on the card, the result is fun and so easy to do!
 
I painted my chipboard white and then used some Cosmic Shimmer Ultra Thick Embossing Powder in Clear to give it a lovely shimmer.
 

 
Now it is time to assemble my card. I centered the embossed chipboard on my card and attached it with some Glossy Accents.
 
 
Here is my completed card. I hope you have enjoyed this clean and simple tutorial today. These cards are easy to make and great for those times when you have to make multiples of something.
 
Don't forget to check out all the great items in the Crafters Palette Store and I hope you all have a fantastic 2016!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment