Wednesday 20 January 2016

Stencil Storage with The Crafters' Palette

Good morning crafters! I am here to share a fun and easy storage idea for you today, featuring items from The Crafters' Palette.
 
This month we are all about storage at The Crafters Palette, and I am a self admitted stencil hoarder!  I am always looking for ways to keep my stencils organized and this was a idea I had a few years ago, and as my stencil stash grew so did my need for storing them. 
 
 
Start off with some chipboard a little larger than the size of your stencils to allow for the pages to open and the rings for attaching the front and back cover.  I gessoed the chipboard and then punched holes in the side of the pages to add the metal rings.
 
I used some of my favorite paints from Dylusions, Vibrant Turqouise and Crushed Grape. I brushed them on in a random pattern and then I added some tissue paper over top. Once the paint was dry I got out my Bo Bunny Stamps and again randomly stamped on the background to add more texture. I used multi matte medium to decopage the tissue paper on the covers.
 
 
 Here is how the covers looked at this point. I got out my Distress Ink Sprays and used the Brushed Pewter and Evergreen Bough to add splotches to the background. Now it is time to embellish.
 
 
 I used various wooden pieces and metals from my stash, however you can find lots of great pieces to embellish your book at The Crafters' Palette Store .  I used the Distress Inks again to colour the wood and metal to give them an aged and distressed look.
 
 
 
 
I plan on making more of these books to house my stencils and the great thing about these is you can make them anyway you want, simple or fully decorated like this one, I hope you will give it a try!
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by today, and don't forget to check out The Crafters' Palette Blog to keep up with all the new things the team is up to!
 
 
Other Products
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment