Thursday 28 April 2016

Mixed Media Canvas & April Page Map Challenge for Crafters' Palette DT

 
Good morning Crafters Palette fans! I have my next dt project today to share with you.  This time we were asked to do a page map challenge. I have posted a picture below here so you can see where my inspiration starting point was.   I have a fun share for you featuring lots of goodies from the  Crafters' Palette Store.
 
 
The thing about sketches and page maps, are they are for inspiration only. You don't have to take them so literally, it is open to everyone's creativity and imagination. 
 
 
I used a small 4 x 6 inch canvas and gave it a coat of gesso to start off.  I then got out some texture paste and my stencils to give some texture to the canvas.
 
 
 
I used Distress spray stains in milled lavender, black soot, evergreen bough, and cracked pistachio in the right top corner. Make sure you dry each colour in between coats to you don't end up with a muddy mess.  I also used water in a Mist-its bottle to help the colours run down the canvas.

 
Once the sprays were dry, I added some twine for further texture, and glued on my embellishments and art tiles.
I also added some flowers from my stash to soften the whole look of the piece.
 


 
 I created some art tiles with some off cuts of mdf wood. I painted them with some soft pastel colours,  and then used some small stamps and my black stazon ink then went around the edges in white gesso. Finally, to complete the tiles I used some glossy accents on top and sprinkled some glitter on that while it was still wet. The final touch was some small embellishments from my stash. I used various wooden pieces and metals from my stash, however you can find lots of great pieces to embellish your canvas at The Crafters' Palette Store
 
 
I hope you have enjoyed my project today!
Thanks so much for stopping by today, and don't forget to check out all the fun goodies in The Crafters' Palette Store and keep up to date with the Designers as well on the Blog.

Crafters' Palette Items Used


No comments:

Post a Comment