Sunday 3 April 2016

Mixed Media Butterfly Box A Fernli Designs Guest DT Project

 
Good morning my friends! I am so excited to be guest designing for the month of April for Fernli Designs! I have been a huge fan of theirs for a long, long time! I love the wood lasercuts they carry in their store so much, as they have such a huge selection and versatility to them. 
 
 
Today I have created a mixed media butterfly box with a tutorial, so you can craft along with me.
 
 
I started off with the Circle Box, which is so easy to put together, as are all the Fernli Pieces, and also the Butterfly 3.  I love this butterfly as it has two layers and you can really create some fun dimension with it.  I painted the box and the bottom part of the butterfly a pretty turquoise colour all over and then set them aside to dry.


Next, I painted the butterfly top black and then gave it a coat of Holographic Embossing Powder, this gave it a lovely sparkly shimmer! I used some blue Tinsel Embossing powder on the base piece of the butterfly once the paint was dry.
 

 
I glued the butterfly together, and papered the box with a lovely butterfly themed paper and started to add my embellishments. You can see the beautiful shimmer in the butterfly from the embossing powder!

 
Next it was time to focus on more embellishments and these tiny hearts are so perfect to alter for embellishments of any kind. I painted them in the same turquoise paint and then gave them a layer of Glossy Accents on top to give them a lovely shiny finish.
 
 
 
Now it was time to think of the front of the box. I used some gathered black lace from my stash and a black and white trim on top of that. I used the Small Vine corners, painted them the same colour of turquoise and then added the glossy hearts to them. A black cameo in the centre finished it off.
 
 
 
 
I added some metal embellishments to add interest and flowers to add dimension.
 


 
 I am thrilled with the outcome. Fernli items make it so easy to craft and have fun while you are doing it! 
 
 I hope you have enjoyed my project and tutorial today, and don't forget to check out the Fernli Designs Store and keep up to date with the rest of the Fernli Team on their Blog.
 
Fernli has also been very gracious and has offered a Discount Code for the month of April to me.
 
  KSF10OFF - this will give 10% off all orders over £25 (not including shipping) You can use this from April 1st to April 30th
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment