Sunday 10 April 2016

Altered Craft Caddy Guest DT Project for Fernli Designs

 
Good morning Fernli Designs Fans!  I am so excited to share my second guest design team project for Fernli Designs. This time I have created one of their fun storage caddies. This one will hold glue or paint or even paint brushes. This is the wonderful thing about these caddies, they are so versatile.
 
 
I assembled the caddy and gave it a coat of beige paint and mod podged some fun heart themed paper on top of it.
 
 
Next, I got out lots of Fernli goodies and gave them a coat of blue paint with some of the matching beige paint as well so they would match the caddy.

 
After the paint dried, I gave them a coat of glossy accents for some shine, and also added some gold micro beads for added shimmer and texture. I set these aside and let them dry completely.

 
Once the wooden embellishements were dry, I continued on with the caddy, put on the paper and gave it a trim with some white Chinese braid, and a small ivory trim along the edges.

 
 
 
Now it was time to add the embellishments I created. I used the goggle wings  (one of my favorite Fernli pieces),  and the smallest clock from the Treble Clock Faces set as a focal piece on the front of the caddy, adding some seam binding to the goggles to mimic he ties that would attach them to a head.
 
 
I added metal corners and a few flowers to soften the look, and lots of tiny metal gears to the front of the caddy. I added some of the tiny hearts, and then a metal sentiment and that finished off the front.

 

 
Now it was time to work on the side embellishments. I added the Linked Hearts and the Heart Flower Scroll to the sides of the caddy for some fun and interest. I then added a fun metal door knocker to the top to look like the handle had been riveted on. 
 

 
 
Lastly, I added two of the one inch hearts to either side, inside the caddy.
 
 
I hope you like my finished caddy, it will be a great addition to my craft room for sure!
Thanks for stopping by today, I have a complete list of Fernli Designs products listed below for you.
 
Fernli has also been very gracious and has offered a Discount Code for the month of April to me.
 
  KSF10OFF - this will give 10% off all orders over £25 (not including shipping) You can use this from April 1st to April 30th
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment