Friday 15 July 2016

Reach For The Stars Art Journal Page Joggles DT

 Good morning friends, Kim here today to share my art journal page I created for Joggles Design Team!
I had so much fun with this page, it was really a step outside of what I normally do, but I really enjoyed making it, so let's get started!
 
 
Here is a list of supplies you will need to recreate this page :
 
 
Black Card Stock
Prima Art Alchemy Paints Ancient Coin and Gold Rush
Elizabeth Crafts Design Balloon Dies
Script Stamp
Blank Ink for Stamping
 
I started off creating an ombre effect with the Dylusions paint. I used a baby wipe, and these paints go on so easy this way, it is a super fast way to start your back ground!
 

I started at the top of the page with the darkest colour, then went to the next colour tone, blending them as I went. I finished off the bottom of the page with the white paint and blended back upwards to give a smooth look to the page.
 
 
Next, I got out my Love Twist Stencil and again used a baby wipe to put some paint on the page. I didn't want the paint to be too heavy and using a baby wipe, I was able to achieve this.



 
Once the paint was dry I went around the hearts with a White Sharpie Fine Tip Marker to give them more definition.  I also stamped around the edge of the page with the Grunge Stars Border Stamp in a matching blue colour, and defined the stars with the white sharpie as well.


Now it was time to play with some Sticky Snippets! I really love these, they are plain labels in a variety of shapes and also in letters, and you can do any mixed media technique on them you wish. Once you have the desired colours and effect on them you can just peel off the shaped labels and add them to your projects as you wish. I did my Sticky Snippets, using the small stars set, in some yellow distress spray and some gold paint. I just dabbed here and there with the paint and then splattered some white gesso all over the page.
 

 
Once you peel off the labels you have your shapes and your mixed media technique! Below here you an see how the stars turned out, not bad if I do say so myself!

 
I gave the same technique to the Sticky Snippet Alpha's and mounted them on black cardstock to make a more dramatic effect.
 

 Now it is time to die cut out some fun balloon shapes for our little fella to hold.  I used three colours of Distress Inks for this, and shaded one side a bit darker than the other, to give the illusion of light and dimension.
 
 
I glued down the balloons in a nice pattern, and added some strings with my black micron pen. I also got out the white sharpie again and added some highlights to one side of the balloons.
 

 
Now its time to work on See-More! I love this stamp he is so much fun and although I had to snip off this big thumb (Sorry See-More!) to make it look like he was holding the balloons, I promise he didn't feel a thing. I coloured him in using my Spectrum Noir Markers in various colours until I was happy with this colour tones and funky hair.
 
 
 
I glued him down and added some loopy lines to make them look like balloon strings. I then added a star to the bottom of his feet to make it look like he was standing on the point of a star.
 


 
 
I doodled around the stars, hearts and some of the white gesso splatters for interest, and also stamped around the page with a script stamp from my stash in black ink.
 


 
Here is the finished page. I love this page, it makes me smile, and I had so much fun creating with the Sticky Snippets. I know I will be using these on lots of my projects!
 

 
Thanks so much for stopping by today, and please check out all the great things Joggles has in their store!


No comments:

Post a Comment