Friday 22 July 2016

ScraPerfect DT Announcement and Art Card Project

Hello friends! I am very excited to announce that I am one of the newest members of the ScraPerfect Team! I am so thrilled to be working with such a great company, and of course also with such talented designers as the ScraPerfect team!
 
 
So a little about me to introduce myself to you all, and then I will share a little project I created using the amazing items from ScraPerfect.
 
I have been a crafter for a long time, I love to create, share and help to inspire others. When I was a child I wanted to be an animator for Walt Disney, but alas that was not meant to be, so I have found my own way to make the world a little more colourful. 
 I also love to make cards, ATC's, altered projects. mixed media canvas', and really dabble in most things creative. I also have a great love for art journaling! I am a trained floral designer as well, and owned my own flower shop for many years. 
I am a Mom to 4 gorgeous grown up kids and 3 amazing grandchildren. I can usually be found getting my hands messy in my art studio along side my trusty companion Miss Blue the cat, and of course my wonderful husband Doug.
 
Ok, now on to a quick project!
I created this Art Card to send to a friend, and it was the perfect opportunity to use some of the great items from ScraPerfect!
 
 
I got out The Best Glue Ever and went over the hair and the flowers on the fairy's wings with the glue. You have to wait until the glue has dried clear, to have it work with the Foil, that was the hard part, the waiting...I am an inpatient crafter lol.
 
 
Once the glue was dry, it was time for the foil. I used the Crimson Rain on the wings, and the Turquoise Rain on her hair.
All you have to do is lightly rub the foil over the places where you put the glue, and Voila! you have a very easy and cool foil accent for your project.
 

Once I was finished with the foil, I wanted to add some embellishments to the card. This was the perfect opportunity to use the Embellie Gellie. This stuff is very cool and so easy to use. You just put a little bit of the gellie on the end of the stick and place it where you want your embellishment. I used some very tiny blingy crystals, and it worked perfectly for this.
 

 
Here is a look at the card with the bling and the foil technique. She will be "winging" her way to a dear friend soon.
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by today, for more info please check out my blog HERE
 I am so thrilled to be part of the ScraPerfect team so please check out the ScraPerfect shop for lots of great crafting items.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment