Wednesday 10 August 2016

Mixed Media Canvas for Fernli Designs Facebook Challenge!

 
Hello friends, and happy Wednesday! Today I am sharing my project for the Challenge over at the Fernli Designs Facebook group. This month the challenge is called "All about Words". You can find the challenge by clicking this link: 
 
 
I have a quick and easy tutorial for you this time, so lets get started!
I really wanted to use up some of my lace remnants I had in my stash and this was the perfect project for just that thing.
 
 
I started off my laying my laces in a vertical fashion, starting on the right and working my way to the left. I laid each piece of lace on top of the last one, being sure to show some of the pattern of each lace. I left some of the laces long and hanging over the edge of the canvas to give a vintage feel to the piece. Once that was done, I decided it needed some colour. I got out some of my sprays and used three different tones, 2 Distress Sprays and 1 Prima Bloom Spray in soft teal.
 


I glued the coloured pieces of lace down on the canvas. Making sure once again to have some lay over the edge of the canvas to give a shabby look.
 


Next, I used some of the Alpha's from Fernli Designs and gave them a coat of the Prima white crackle. I then set them aside to dry.
 
Next, I worked on some of the gorgeous wings from Fernli Designs and gave them a coat of holographic embossing powder. This gave them a great sparkle!
 
 
 I found a picture of a vintage girl from the internet, and fussy cut her out, and then added some dimensional tape to her back so she would be popped up off the canvas.
 

 
 
Now it was time to glue down the pieces. I started off with the wings, making sure to measure them so they were centred on the canvas and would fit right behind my vintage girl.
 
 
I added my girl with some diamond stickles to her dress and bow. I added a finishing touch to her with a little wooden heart from Fernil, which I painted with the Soft Teal Bloom spray to match the laces.

 
 
 
I then glued down the letters, which spell out "home",  as part of the Fernli challenge is to have words on your project, so these worked out great!
 

Here are a few close up shots for you to see. I love the texture the lace gives!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 .....And here is my finished little lady, isn't she cute?
 

 
Thanks for stopping by today, and I hope you will check out the challenge on the Fernli Designs Facebook page and also please check out their store too, there is some amazing items in there!
Have a wonderful day!
 
 
 
Other Items Used
Royalty Free Image Vintage Girl
Fabritac Glue
Laces From my Stash
Prima Soft Teal Bloom Spray
Prima White Crackle
Ranger Distress Spray Stains, Antique Linen and Tea Dye
Ranger Holographic Embossing Powder
 Diamond Stickles
 

No comments:

Post a Comment