Friday 19 August 2016

Vintage Parisian Wall Hangings A Shabby is Chic Boutique DT Project.

Good morning friends, Kim here today to share with you my latest project for Shabby is Chic Boutique on Facebook. This time I have made a couple of wall hangings inspired by Paris!
 
 
I used 4 x 5 inch canvas boards for this project. I started off with some script paper from my stash as a back ground and then got out some of the Paris Napkins from SCB, which you can see below.
 
 
 
I fussy cut out the Eiffel Tower, and the post mark and some script from these two napkins and adhered them on top of the script paper. After that, I applied some sprays and also some crackle medium to make the whole piece look aged and very vintage. I kept layering on sprays to get inside the cracks until I was happy with the result. I also used some gelatos to give highlights to the Eiffel Tower and some colour to the background.
 
 
After the base was dry, I decided to try my hand at making some roses out of Wendy Vecchi Embossing paste. It was a lot easier than I thought, just taking a palette knife and making some swirls. The embossing paste was very smooth and easy to work with. I used more of the same sprays to get some colour on the roses, and as a final touch, added some micro beads for further texture.
 
 
 
I wanted to have a nice focal point at the top of the piece, so I used some of the IOD moulds from Prima and some air dry clay to make the top pieces. Once dry, I used some of the Art Alchemy paints to give them some colour and I then added a beautiful cameo from Shabby is Chic Boutique Store to the top.
 
 

 
 Finally, I added some of the gorgeous aqua tulle trim from SCB to the bottom of the wall hangings and some jute twine to the top so I could hang them up on my wall.
 
 
 
 I hope you have found some inspiration from my projects today, and will give something like this a try, it was so much fun to create!
 
Thanks for stopping by today, and please check out the Shabby is Chic Boutique Store on Facebook!
Kim :)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment