Friday 26 August 2016

A Fairy Nice Tag for ScraPerfect Design Team

 

Good morning friends, Kim here today to share with you my next design team project for ScraPerfect!
 
I am very excited to share with you my "fairy nice" tag I have created using lots of ScraPerfect items. 
 

 
I started off with a large wooden tag which I painted with gesso and then used some sprays and stencils to give some texture to the background. I then used some pumpkin pie ink from Hero Arts and a script stamp from Joggles to finish off the background.
 
 
 
 Once the background was dry, I got out some rub-ons from Prima. These rub-ons have a adhesive on the top of them so they are a perfect fit for the ScraPerfect transfer foils! I added some of the Bronze Transfer Foil to the adhesive rub-ons all over the tag.
 
 
I also used some of the black transfer foils as well, featuring a butterfly and thistle design.
 
 
Once the transfer foils were complete, I got out some watercolour pastels and choose a coordinating colour to go around the outside of the tag to give some highlights to the edges.
 

Now it was time for the Best Glue Ever! I had this really pretty fairy image, that I downloaded from a free graphics site, and I needed to glue her down on the tag. The glue worked amazingly well for this. Sometimes when you glue down paper images, they tend to ripple, well not with this glue!! It went down so perfectly and not one single ripple either!
 

 
 Here is a close up of the fairy, so you can see for yourself, there is no rippling at all with the glue and the image is perfectly adhered to the tag.
 

Since The Best Glue Ever worked so well on the image, I decided to experiment and see what else it could do. So I used it to adhere some of the Prima Art Stones and also some of my vintage laces that I used at the bottom of the tag. The result? Perfection! The art stones and the laces held down great!
 


I added some flowers, metal embellishments, pearls and a butterfly to the base of the tag, to give it a shabby look. I used the Best Glue Ever for the flowers as well, and they also held down really well with the glue.
 


 
I also added a vintage applique, flowers and more vintage laces to the top of the tag. You can also see some of the art stones on the left, which add great texture.
 

 
Here are some close up photos for you to see the dimension and fun embellishments I used to create this tag.


I also went around the image of the fairy with a watercolour pencil and water brush, to make her stand out a little better on the tag.
 


 
I hope you have found some inspiration today with my project, and will give some of these techniques a try.
Please check out the ScraPerfect Store and Blog for more info on these products!
Thanks for stopping by, have a great day!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment