Wednesday, 25 January 2017

Shabby Chic Wall Hanging for Shabby is Chic Boutique

 
Good morning friends, Kim here today with my next project for Shabby is Chic Boutique on Zibbet.
This time I have altered a Kaisercraft piece, that is a wooden fence and butterfly.
 
 
The first thing I did to this project was give it a coat of gesso, then a coat of Martha Stewart Putty. After the paint was dry, I used some crackle medium on top and then finally a coat of white paint to make it crackle.  I then used my Prima distress tool over top of that, to give it a worn and vintage look.
 
 
Once I was finished distressing the fence, it was time to layer on the laces. I started with some of the gorgeous fringe trim from SCB at the bottom. Then layered on some vintage laces from my stash until I was happy with it.
 


 
I also needed to alter the wooden butterfly that came with the fence. I used material first on the butterfly then layered on some laces and trims from SCB.  For the center of the butterfly, I used a large rosette trim piece and a gorgeous piece of bling that was gifted to me.
 
 

 
I also added some  fibers and seam binding from SCB, and flat back pearl to the center of the bow.
 
 
This smaller butterfly is from my stash, and I back it with felt to make it stand up on the fence, and added some flat back pearls and vintage bridal trim to it to finish it off.
 
 
I added more laces and topped them off with some of the gorgeous bling you can find in the SCB Store!
 
 
 
 
 
I added some vintage pearls from my stash to add texture and dimension to the piece.
 



 
And once again here is the final look!
 
Thank you so much for stopping by!