Friday 16 September 2016

Fairy Lace Canvas for Shabby is Chic Boutique DT

 
Good morning friends, and happy Friday. I am sharing today my fairy lace canvas for Shabby is Chic Boutique on Zibbet.
 
 
This is a simple and easy project to do, and it uses up lots of lace fragments from your stash. If you are like me, you have lots of left over laces from other projects, and well, also I do tend to hoard them a bit ;)
 
So, lets get started!
 
Firstly, I am using mainly laces from Shabby is Chic Boutique. This first lace in the photo below is a gorgeous two toned stretch lace, I used some of my sprays to colour the lace a similar colour to the dress that the fairy image is wearing.
 
 
I began on one side of the 5'' x 7'' canvas, and layered on one lace after another. I did not bother to cut the laces to make them even, I wanted it to have a vintage and tattered look.
 
 
I used the gorgeous butterfly dangle trim from SCB, which you can see in the photo above, and kept layering on other beautiful laces and trims, some that I sprayed and some were already the colours that I wanted. I kept layering on until I was happy with how it looked. I glued everything down with FabriTac Glue.


Once I had the rows of laces done. I used this beautiful white floral applique from SCB and placed it in the bottom right corner of the canvas.
 

 
On top of the applique, I placed this stunning pearl and bling piece also from SCB.
 
 
I then used some of my Prima Leaves, which I glittered up with silver glitter. I wanted my fairy to look magical and have some sparkle!

 

 
I used double sided foam tape on the back of my fairy. She was a free image I got from The Graphics Fairy.  I used some more glue on top of the tape to make sure she was glued down well.


Once she was in place, I decided to add this amazingly beautiful pearl and bling crown from Shabby is Chic Boutique. I just adore this bling piece, it really sparkles and add dimension.
 

 
Next up I wanted to add an initial to the bottom left corner of the canvas. This canvas is going to a dear friend of mine for her birthday, and I wanted to personalize it with her initial.
I painted the wooden letter, which is from Fernli Designs.
 

 
Once the paint was dry, I added more of the silver glitter to it, to pick up on the glitter in the fairies wings.

 
 
....And here she is. I hope my friend will love her as much as I do.
 
 
I hope you will try this quick and easy project for yourself. Please remember to check out the Shabby is Chic Boutique store on Zibbet and Please join the Facebook Group HERE
Thanks for stopping by today!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment