Friday 30 September 2016

Wonky Stamped Wood House Joggles DT Project

Good morning Joggles friends! I am happy to share with you my next design team project.
This time I have altered one of Joggles Wonky Wood Houses, and am also featuring some very cool stamps! 
 
 
Here is everything you will need to make this project
POP! Gold Micro Beads
Prima Art Alchemy Aqua Rose Paint
Prima Art Alchemy Ancient Coin Paint
Prima Peony Bloom Spray
Glue and Foils from ScraPerfect
Tim Holtz Metal Crown
Pink Glitter
Stampendous Gold Mica Flakes
Simon Says Stamps Doll Pink Ink
Delicata Gold Ink
 
 Ok, lets get started! First task is to gesso your Wonky Wood House. You can use any of the selection of these houses, and maybe even make a few of them, I love these fun houses!
 

Once the gesso is dry, I sprayed on some of the Peony colour bloom spray in various places. Don't forget to do both sides of your house too!
 

 
I dried my spray with my heat gun, then it was time to apply my first colour of paint. I did a light coating just in random spots all over the house, mixing it in with the darker pink of the bloom spray.
 
 
 
Once this was dry, I got out the Ancient Coin paint and did the same thing. Making sure to cover the back and front, and both sides of the house.


Now It was time to snip out my images from the collage sheets and set them aside.
 

 
When the paint is dry, get out your stamps. I used some dark pink ink for my Skeleton flower stamp, and stamped it randomly on the front, back and sides.
 
 
I used my heat gut to set the ink, and once it was dry, I got out my Vintage Correspondence stamp and used some gold ink for that. I stamped this all over the house once again in the same method as before.

 
Here you can see the results of the stamping and paint.

 
Now it is time to work on my cut out collage images. I used some white glue, which dries clear, on the edges of the butterfly below, and also on some of the spots. I then sprinkled the gold mica flakes and glitter mix on top of the glue and set it aside to dry.


For this butterfly, I used the same glue and some pink glitter on the butterfly, also setting it aside to dry completely.
 



Now it is time for some foiling! I am using the Adhesive Rub Ons from Prima for this. I chose several images and stentiments for this, making sure to do the front and the back.
 
These Rub Ons are so easy to use, just remove the paper backing and rub on your surface using the popsicle stick that is provided in the package.
 


 
Once you have your adhesive rub on down, then place your foils, coloured side up on top of it, and again using the stick rub it on, and voila! You have a cool foil image on your project.
 


Now it was time to add my embellishments. I started with the crown from Tim Holtz and gave it a little foil treatment as well. I also used a vintage heart applique in the middle.
 

 
I then glued down my collage sheet images to the front. I cut up one of the butterflies and made them into wings for my fairy lady from the collage sheets. I also added a metal sentiment from Tim Holtz and some twine.
Below here you can see the finished project!

 
The final touch was some gold micro beads for texture, and a few gold sparkly enamel dots as well.


 
I hope you will give this project a try, it was super easy to do, and so much fun to make as well.
Please remember to check out the Joggles Store for all these items I used.
Have a great day!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment