Friday 9 September 2016

Altered Altoid Tin A ScraPerfect DT Project

Hello friends and happy Friday! Today I am sharing my next DT project for ScraPerfect.
This time I was inspired to make an altered Altoid Tin.
 
 
I started off by giving the whole tin a coat of gesso.  I then cut out some papers in colours I liked from my stash and used The Best Glue Ever to put them down. I also gave the inside and outside of the tin a coat of Beach Glass colour paint from Martha Stewart. Once this was done, I set it aside to dry.
 

Now it is time to move on to my embellishments. I gave them the same coat of paint so they would match the colour of the tin. Then I used some Carmel alcohol ink to give them a worn and distressed look. I then set these aside to dry as well.
 

 
While everything was drying. It was time to work on my vintage images. I got these images from Pinterest. There is tons of free images on Pinterest that you can use to your liking. I printed the images off, cut them out and then went around the edges with some Vintage Photo Distress ink.

 
I wanted the images to be more sturdy, so I used The Best Glue Ever again and glued them down on some black card stock. I love how this outlines the images.


Now it was time to put it all together. I used the glue once again to attach down my laces and trims.
 


I also used it to attach my images to the inside of the tin. You can see how little glue you actually need, its amazing stuff!
 

 
Now it was time to work on the outside of the tin, as I wanted it to be a pretty as the inside!
I glued down my embellishments and once again used the Best Glue Ever to do some foiling with the Transfer Foils from ScraPerfect around the key and wings.
 
 
I also added some Prima Micro Beads and Stickles to the butterfly wings, and finally went around the outside edges of the tin with some trims from my stash.
 

 
 
I glued down some more embellishments and trims to the inside of the tin, and here it is all finished!



 

 
 




 
I hope you have found some inspiration here, and will check out the ScraPerfect Store for these products and more info from the amazing design team!
Thanks for stopping by today!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment