Tuesday 12 February 2019

Mixed Media Mermaid Tag White Rose Crafts DT


Good morning friends, Kim here with my next DT project for White Rose Crafts.  It is Woodware week at WRC, and we are celebrating all things made by Woodware.
I chose to use the Woodware stamp called Mermaid & Friends this week. I really love this stamp its so whimsical and fun!


I started off my tag by using some recycled packaging from some resin embellishments as my base.  I added a piece of watercolour paper on top so I could do lots of painting and sprays to give an "underwater" look to my background.


I used some Finnabair pastes to add texture to the tag and added lots of paint splatters as well.


I used the mermaid stamp, fish and starfish stamps as my focal points, but also used the bubble stamp from the set in my background as well.


Some Recollections flowers, tulle and lace added lots of fun to the tag and helped me achieve the underwater look I was going for. I also added some colourful crushed sea shells to add more sparkle and texture to the tag.


I had lots of fun creating this tag this week, so please be sure to check out this fun stamp set and the complete Woodware line in the WRC store.


Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you have found some inspiration here!


1 comment: