Monday 25 August 2014

Creative Blog Hop!!

Happy Monday my friends! I am super excited to share with you my part of a Creative Blog Hop I have joined in with thanks to Carmen Whitehead who is my fellow Teamie from RubberMoon Stamps. Carmen's Blog can be found here at Serendipity Studio

I have posted some of my work along with the answers to my questions, so I hope you enjoy taking a peek into my artsy world!


Mixed Media Canvas

 

So what is a Creative Blog Hop you ask??  It is a tour of creative blogs to meet new crafty friends, share inspiration and techniques. I think it is a truly amazing way to meet and greet new artsy friends and learn about their journey through their creativity. We are to answer some fun questions and then nominate a fellow Crafty Artist..so here we go!

1. What I am working on?
 Currently, I am deep in some mixed media work, and I couldn't be happier!  I really love this style of art, and am always wanting to learn more, it is always a process to learn and grow.   I am currently on 3 design teams, Craftsupplies1, Gina's Designs, and RubberMoon (where I met Carmen!) and the great thing about these teams is everyone is so creative and inspiring! I have even had the opportunity to work behind the scenes with Gina from Gina's Designs to create new chipboard pieces for her company. This is something I just love doing, it really gets the creative juices flowing!

Multi Media Shadowbox
 

2. How does my work differ from others in my genre?
I have a rather eclectic style to be honest, I don't think I am locked into one genre. I love making shabby chic, grunge, mixed media, cards, atcs, mini albums and more. I think to lock oneself into just creating one style and one type of art really limits our creativity. Its good to experiment!
 
Encaustic and Mixed Media ATC's
 


3. Why do I write/create what I do?
It is really more of a need than a want. I have been artsy and crafty since childhood, and its just something that has always been with me. I went into a creative industry and owned my own flower shop for many years, and love the industry. I did large trade tradeshows and travelled all over the Province of Ontario doing weddings for many years. I loved it, but I needed a break and decided to set up a home studio an focus on my art, and I am having a total blast doing it!
 
Mixed Media Exploding Canvas

4 How does my writing/creative process work? (where do I get my inspiration)
I draw my inspiration from many places, nature, feelings, colour, moods and of course my very talented artsy friends who are constantly amazing me with their talents. Inspiration can come from so many places, its always a surprise when it hits!
 
Shabby Chic Tag & Art Style Mask

 

I would like to nominate my dear friend Mary TheCrafthoarder to hop along with me next week. Her post will be live on her blog next Monday, September 1.   Mary is a wonderful friend of mine and is also my teammate on Gina's Designs.

You can find Mary's blog here
MaryTheCrafthoarder
Please go over and show her some Blog love!
 

Thanks everyone for stopping by! Have a great week!
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment