Friday 8 August 2014

My First RubberMoon Creative Design Team Project! An "Artful" Mask

Hello Friends! I am so excited to bring you my very first Creative Design Team project for RubberMoon!  I am just so thrilled to be part of this truly amazing team, and I wanted to share something that really represented my style for my first project.  I have created a mixed media style "artful" mask.  I had a lot of fun with this project, and it is something different to hang on my studio wall, other than a canvas.
 
I layered a lot of mixed media products on here, including some sprays, texture paste, and also the Gears stamp and some pigment ink, on the mask itself. I used an old paintbrush as the holder for my mask, and added some clay butterfly wings that I made on either side of it.
 I have used the Make Art Stamp, the Art Set and Large Dragonfly stamps as well  to adorn my mask.
 
 
 
I used the Julia Cameron quote stamp on the paintbrush. You can easily stamp on a round object by placing the stamp on your table and rolling the object to be stamped on top of it. This works great to give an all around stamping image on your object.
 
To create the stamping embellishments on my mask, I got out my watercolors and had a fun play around with them. I created a background on which to stamp my images on. 

After I used random brush strokes for the background I sprayed it with my mini mister, then used some paper towel to dab up the excess water. The result is you get a nice mottled background with a water droplet look.
 
After I completed this I got out some clear embossing ink and some fun and funky colors to emboss the stamp with, I used some of my brightest colours!

After I heat embossed it, I fussy cut out my images to use on my mask, these are the results. Then I added them to my mask along with a few other fun embellishments.


I hope you have enjoyed my project today and do go and check out the amazing stamps in RubberMoon's Shop! They are truly unique and "artful"!
Thanks for stopping by today!
 
RubberMoon Items Used
 
Other Items Used
Shimmerz Texturez, Watercolor Inklingz & Sprays
Ranger and Lindys Embossing Powders
Chipboard Mask from Gina's Designs
Clay Wings and Roses From My Stash
Crafters Workshop "Art Is" Stencil
Tim Holtz Burlap and Dots Stencils
White Roses from Crafsupplies1
Camass Pigment Ink Blue
Stickles Diamond

No comments:

Post a Comment