Monday 30 November 2015

A Happy Houndy Christmas with Laura's Loft

Good morning friends! I am so very excited to share my post and card project today! I am so pleased  to announce I am a full time designer for Laura's Loft!! 

http://www.lauralscott.com

Laura and her team have been so welcoming to me and I just know the next year on this team will be filled with fun, new friendships and happy card making adventures.  My daughter has a
Dachshund, named Pickle, who I lovingly call my Grand-dogger, so she was my inspiration for this card. Here is a peek at the little girl herself.... Miss Pickle.

Now onto my card!
I have used the Holiday Hounds stamp set from Newton's Nook for this card. This is such a fun set to use and you get lots of stamps in the set, along with a few choices of sentiments as well.



I started off with a base of 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 white card stock. I then used the Holiday Hounds stamp set, first I chose my main image, this cute little doxy in a stocking.  Then I used some of the smaller stamps in the set, a bone, heart and snowflakes.

 
I used pigment dye ink in different colours for the background. I created a sort of wreath shape and layered on the different stamps and colours.
I added some blue hearts at the end for a kind of not traditional look and
then added some more of the snowflakes in gold to the bottom of the card to give the impression of snow falling.


 I coloured up my doxy in the stocking with some Spectrum Noir markers and also I used some American Crafts glitter markers as well for the blue stripes on the stocking. I fussy cut out the image and now it was time to put the card together.

 


 I added a tiny tag and wrote on it with my black micron pen, stamped out the sentiment from the stamp set and popped the puppy and the sentiment up on some dimensional tape.



I added some sequins and bling and also some clear Wink of Stella to the bones and hearts for a final touch!


Thanks so much for stopping by today and don't forget to check out Laura's Store and also keep up with all the fun things on our Blog!

Laura's Loft Products Used

Other Items Used
Colourbox Pigment Ink
Simon Says Pigment Ink
Stayzon Black Ink
Spectrum Noir Markers
Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Pen
Paper From We R Memory Keepers
Sequins and Bling From My Stash
Red Bakers Twine






No comments:

Post a Comment