Tuesday 3 November 2015

Winter Wishes DT Project for Rebecca Baer

Good Morning crafty friends! Today I am sharing my DT project for Rebecca Baer.  I have started on creating my Christmas Cards for this year, and Rebecca has some perfect stencils for this time of year!
 
I did a double layering technique with this card, using the Petite Diamond Plaid Stencil first. This is  a fun stencil, there is three parts to it, and you layer on one stencil at a time. I decided to go with  holiday themed colours in my card.
 
 
Here is the background so far...
 
Next I used the Snowflake Masque Stencil and some embossing paste, which is like a light texture paste and spread it all over the top of the background. 
 

 
 Once that was completed all over the card, I got out some holographic embossing powder and sprinkled it on top of the wet texture paste.   I then heat set it with my heat gun, and  the effect shown above, is dimensional and very snowy  and sparkly looking!
 
 
Now it is time for some die cutting, I used a Winter sentiment and some snowflakes which I coloured with Festive Berries Distress ink.  I used my glossy accents to glue it all down. You need a strong wet glue to make the pieces adhere to the texture on the card.
 

I added some sequins and glitter for some finishing touches to the card.
I hope you have been inspired to create a snowy card yourself and will give this layering technique a try.
Thanks for stopping by today!
 
 
 
Other Products Used
Tim Holtz Distress Inks
Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste
Glossy Accents
Holographic Embossing Powder by Ranger
Sizzix Dies
Sequins From My Stash
 


No comments:

Post a Comment