Tuesday 17 November 2015

Merry Xmas with Rebecca Baer!


Good morning friends, its Tuesday and that means another fun share using my amazing stencils from Rebecca Baer!

I am deep in Christmas card making and decided to do something a little bit different this time, by using a non-Christmas stencil to make a whimsical holiday themed card.  I think its good to look at our stencils in many different ways and see  how we can adapt them to different ways, or in this case a season. So lets get started!

 
I am using the Moroccan Tile & Vine stencil for this card, along with the Artiste Stenciler Brush which works so well for transferring ink to the stencil.  I used three different colours of Distress Ink, Iced Spruce, Salty Ocean and Evergreen Bough.
I started of with the darker colour, Salty Ocean and gently used the Stenciler Brush in circular motions. Then I went to the Evergreen Bough blending it into the first colour, then finally the last and lightest colour, the Iced Spruce. Again, making sure that I blended it all together well. You can see I got a lovely crisp image.

 I took the background and cut it down to 4 1/8 x 5 inches to fit my card and I also die cut some hills, adding a touch of the Iced Spruce to the edges for dimension. I taped them down and then stamped some images out and coloured them, then fussy cut them out....Yes, I cut out those teeny tiny trees!



Once I coloured and cut out the images it was time to put the card together. I popped up the sentiment and the bear and used some multi matte medium to glue down the houses and the trees.

Lastly, I added some white dots to mimic snow and some bling, sequins and some red twine to pick up on the red in the sentiment, and there you have it. A Christmas card using a non traditional image. So take another look at your stencils and see what you can come up with for this holiday season.

I hope you have enjoyed my card today, remember to check out all the fun items in Rebecca's Store and also the DT blog as well.
Thanks for stopping by!

Other Items Used
Distress Inks
American Craft Glitter Markers
Hero Arts Shadow Ink
Paper Smooches Dies
Pinkfresh Studio Christmas Wishes Clear Stamps
Bling, Twine and Sequins From My Stash


No comments:

Post a Comment