Thursday 5 November 2015

Time to Celebrate with Crafter's Palette!

 
Good morning friends! I am super excited to share my project today! I am now a designer for the wonderful folks at The Crafter's Palette! I am totally thrilled to be using some of the amazing products in their Store.
 
You can find my team bio here and of course check out the other talented DT members while you are there!  I will be doing two projects a month for the team, so stay tuned for those coming up soon.
 
Today's project was based on a theme featuring "Fireworks", in honor of November 5th, Bonfire Night in the UK.
 
I started off my 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 card on white cardstock and wanted to do a resist technique with the Versamark Pen. I drew free hand "fireworks" with the pen and used some of the Fran-tage Embossing Powder on top of it.
 
 
 I heat set the embossing powder, as you can see by the above right photo. Once that was done it was time to get out my Distress Inks. I used four shades of ink to give a feeling of a night time sky.  The Embossing powder creates a resist to the inks and shows up looking like explosions in the sky.
 
 
I used one colour at a time, starting at the bottom of the card with the darkest colour, Black Soot, and working my way up to a lighter colour of blue.  After I was finished with the inks I took a paper towel and wiped over the fireworks to brighten them up and remove any excess ink from them.
 

Next, I needed a lovely full moon for the top of the card and an easy way to make one is by using your Mustard Seed Distress Ink and the 2.5 cm circle punch you can find in the Crafter's Palette Store.  I also used the mustard seed ink to create light in behind the little buildings as well.
 

 
Lastly, I die cut a sentiment and added some glitter to the moon, and bling to the fireworks for some sparkle.
 

 
 I used some of the 3D foam in black to pop up the houses to add dimension.
 
 
 Here is my finished card! 
 
 
I had so much fun playing with the fantastic products from The Crafter's Palette. I love that they have such a huge selection of things to create with!
 
Thank you for stopping by today!
Check out all the amazing crafty fun at the Crafter's Palette Store and Blog and don't forget their Facebook page too!
 
Crafter's Palette Products Used
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment